10+ years’ experience building and managing web sites. Consumer and B2B website experience.
- CMS experience with Drupal, WordPress and custom Node.js
- Optimization and A/B Testing with Adobe Target and Optimizely
- Analytics and Tag management with Tealium, Adobe, Segment, Google Analytics and GTM
- Linux hosting on private and public clouds using VMware, AWS and Docker
- High availability database configurations using MySQL and MongoDB.
- Caching layers using Akamai, Cloudflare, CloudFront, Memcached, Redis and Varnish.
- Dockerized legacy applications with Docker Compose, Swarm and just getting to know Kubernetes
Lead Engineer – Growth, New Relic, 2020 – Present
Engineering team lead working on New Relic’s web properties.
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Node.js and React
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS Check out https://newrelic.com for more info.
Principal Web Development Engineer, Docker, 2018 – 2020
Working as an engineering team of 1 at Docker responsible for www.docker.com, website analytics, tagging and 3rd party integrations.
- Re-architected the hosting stack to utilize Docker Enterprise best practices, added caching tiers and reduced server response times.
- Rebuilt tagging and analytics from the ground up using Google Tag Manager, Segment Persona, Optimizely and Google Analytics.
- Built and deployed new Drupal 8 CMS for www.docker.com using a modular approach for a better admin UX. Utilized React components for content filtering and DOM manipulation.
- Project Managed a custom e-commerce platform using Salesforce B2B commerce, CyberSource, Avalara. https://www.docker.com/
Director of Web Development, SAP Concur, 2017 – 2018
At Concur I managed web development for the marketing organization. Our team oversaw Concur’s 20+ global corporate marketing websites. The Bellevue based team interacted with partners and stakeholders all around the globe. Website https://www.concur.com Responsibilities:
- Manager of 9 employees.
- Websites running Drupal 7 and NodeJS.
- Site optimization and A/B testing with Adobe Target.
- Agile development methodology using KanBan and Jira.
- Responsible for hosting architecture and server management. Linux hosting stack using Jenkins, Nginx, PHP-FPM, Memcached, Elastic Search, Varnish, MongoDB, NodeJS, MySQL and Docker running on Centos and Red Hat Linux.
- Private VMware cloud and AWS (including AWS China).
- Slackbot code deployment pipeline using NodeJS, GIT and Jenkins.
- Akamai configuration and caching architecture
- Domain portfolio management with CSC.
- Designed and built custom web dashboards using Adobe’s and Google’s developer API’s displayed on screens in the Bellevue office.
- Lead generation data using a local queuing system then feeding in to Marketo and Salesforce. Other roles at Concur
- Senior Web Development Manager, Concur, 2015 – 2017
- Manager Web Development, Concur 2013 – 2015
- Lead Web Developer, Concur 2010 – 2013
- Senior Web Designer, Concur 2007 – 2010
Freelance Web Design and Development 2003 – 2007
- Designed and built custom content management systems for small businesses.
MongoDB & Node.JS, Akamai Web Performance, Drupal Advanced Module Development